Home, Sweet Home.

I am prisoner 4103.
I live just down the hall; to the right at cell 251.
I have lived here in sunny valley prison for 14 years.
14 years down & a whole life to go.
Make that 3 life sentences.
You don't need to know why I got here.
You just need to know why I live.
Getting shut out from the rest of the world I live alone.
Hearing the serenade of screaming voices outside my cell never brought me closer to home.
Everyone I have know is gone & I live here just to remember them.
I am prisoner 4103 & welcome to my home.

3 comments:

  1. i don't know how i feel about this but i feel something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a little tired, but I just ran across my backyard so I could come back and say that.

      Anyway Brenden, I really liked the metaphor here, you made good use of it. Took me a second to figure out and I liked that about it.

      Delete
  2. Make that 3 life sentences."

    NICE LINE

    ReplyDelete