Recalling Utopia

I remember my life. 
My Past.
It was easy & every student wrote like they had something to say.
This air it was mine before it was yours.
I hate small talk & polite conversations & fake moments with people I don't care about.
I'm afraid of boring people, but I'm no longer afraid of my dad.
A waste of potential.
I still remember the moon, the sun, & everything in between
I remember the clouds that gave us time. 
Time ain't gonna stop us now.
I remember thinking about tourists and moons
I remember Home
I remember what life is really like,
I remember my potential.
I remember standing out in the middle of a field, alone.
I remember myself. young, realizing for the first time I am mortal
I remember the only thing that matters to me is family
I remember One.Two.Three. but Not Four.
I remember My back hurt & my knees starting telling me when storms were near.
I remember watching the late afternoon light.*
I remember a Letter to a Young Poet.
I remember The rain.
I remember Other people's dreams.
I remember Other people's problems.
I remember my mother's voice
I remember an old photo album of me
I remember that every year flowers die & trees lose their leaves & nobody cries.
I remember we're all dying But look how nice the day was.
I remember how long I can hold my breath.
I remembered my childhood the other day,
I remember Somewhere in the basement, I wrote my name on the wall. But someone else lives there now.
I remember trying to forgive my dad.
I remember

Senior Year

3 comments:

  1. The second to last line....Made me cry"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I still remember the moon, the sun, & everything in between
    I remember the clouds that gave us time.
    Time ain't gonna stop us now"
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I hate small talk & polite conversations & fake moments with people I don't care about."

    Calling it like it is. Love what was capitalized and what wasn't, a nice but subtle touch

    ReplyDelete