Summer of 2015

In the summer of 2015 the wind was in my hair & all I needed was a blue Ipod Nano.
I took the risk of wearing no helmet & protection.
Just a pair of vans, corduroy shorts, & sun glasses.
I biked all day through the scars in the mountains.
I didn't want to stop, because I was afraid that my past would catch me.
Music explained my life & what I was pushing for.
As loud as I could bare, the noise of the world could not touch me.
It comes to a point that the sun sets & I had to come back to reality.
Only because I have forgotten my dreams a long time ago.
But I never stopped in my heart to become someone better than the old man.
Like paradise is on the other side of the sunset I don't lose hope.
Because one day I will be able to get away from my past.
With a worn blue ipod nano I still listen to the music that keeps me going.
Because in the summer of 2015 I lost my past & found my future.

3 comments:

  1. & protection" Makes it sound like you were sexually active or something......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disclaimer: I am not sexually active. Goin on a Mission!

      Delete
    2. you freaking guys make me laugh.

      also "scars in the mountains" yes.

      Delete